Monday, November 19, 2012

MONDAY MOMENTS | Avoiding Awkwardness

 http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/passing-notes.jpg

Pardon the double paired alliteration. This post has a question that will soon follow, but first I must preface it with a story. I have had my share of crushes as a girl, but as far as really liking a guy there have only been four that I really liked beyond physical attraction, my ex not included (I know crazy). I have been in one relationship that was nearly nine years ago and haven't been in one since. I have never been on a date (you see why my ex is my ex? lol he never asked me out on a date EVER). I get guys who will want to hang out all of the time, but most don't think I am interested in them so they don't take the risk. But in the meantime they sure are interested through their actions, and when I question them about it, I get a "No I am just being friendly". Not my idea of friendly.

Anyway, you can see how that could make a person go on lock down with their emotions if no one is trying to take the sword out of the stone. So I am extremely rusty when it comes to being normal around a guy I am actually attracted to. I have heard "Just be yourself. That's what he likes about you." Bless their little hearts. They did not get the preface. If they did, they would realize there is a war going on inside of me that is fighting to be open or comfortably closed off). I turn into that thirteen year old that actually gets aggravated around the guy that I like especially when he is actually showing me attention. I am sure he thinks I am crazy because I'm off and on like a light switch, and with uncertainty, the light keeps flickering and he is left utterly confused as if I am playing a game of Red Light, Green Light.

God has been a blessing in teaching me how to be vulnerable, but there are always hiccups. My question to my readers (who are all married I think) is did you ever go through this when you first met your spouse, and if so what did you do about it without revealing so much of the mystique about yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment