Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Two months ago, I received a frightening call from my mum that my father was taken to the hospital after coughing up blood that morning. Doctors found multiple clots in his lungs and had he not come in when he did there was a huge possibility that he would have had an aneurism and died. I was so thankful and so thankful that God had another plan for him.

Monday evening my boss' brother died. He had been sick for a while, but his sudden death was still unexpected. As I sat there flooded with compassion for my boss who was already wanting to isolate himself from everyone but his wife and kids, I thought about my father's close encounter with death and what it would have been like had God's plan had been different than the one I see before me now. I know it would have been hard, but at the same time, I am confident as to where my father's eternity would have been spent and I know where my comfort and peace would have come from.

So I am thankful for the relationship I have with God who grants peace regardless the outcome. I am so thankful I get another Thanksgiving with my father.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really touching story... I'm so happy for your dad's health! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! Hope you had a fabulous thanksgiving!!!

      Delete