Friday, September 14, 2012

50 DOLLAR CHALLENGE

I am trying to budget my funds better. My department is taking extensive budget cuts, but instead of letting anyone go, we are all having to split hours. This means less money in my pocket. With me saving money to go to Germany in December, I had to look at where all my money was going with a fine tooth comb.

I am competitive. Even if it is just against myself. So I am giving myself a challenge. I am allotting myself $50 a month for clothes, to buy one full outfit : shoes, top, bottom, accessories. This would also include any tailoring I need to get down should I get an item for cheap or free. I need to upgrade my wardrobe, so full outfits that can be interchanged with other pieces is a MUST.

My overall goal is to be able to function off of less than $300 a month. I KNOW. That is most fashionistas' starter budget for just clothes. Some day. But not really. I want to be practical. I want to eat. And I do not need to sacrifice my style for it. I will do a trial run from now until December to see if this is doable. Then I will take a break till its time for the new season. I want to get my wardrobe to a place where I will not have to update my clothes as frequently as I used to in order to stay in style.

September 30. We will see how it goes. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. interchangeable is so important! i think sometimes i am TOO interchangeable. i'm just now getting to the point where i don't buy clothes that i think i can wear every season! lol. well good luck on this new venture. and germany? that's exciting! what's in germany?

    morgan
    quitetheblog.com

    ReplyDelete