Saturday, August 25, 2012

A S S E S S M E N T

In my closet are lots of hodge podge items. There is no rhyme or reason to any of the clothes I have purchased or snagged at crazed swap shops. Some are textured. Some are patterned. Some are plain. Most are oversize items that need to be tailored. Have been waiting to be tailored.




I pulled out all my clothes to see what I did have. I found I have a lot of full skirts. Tea length skirts. There are button up shirts and blouses, but none go with the skirts that I currently have. I have mostly boots. There are lots of scarves.

I live in Florida.

There is hardly any color except for that blue pleated skirt and red skirt. Everything else is a remnant of Spring. Summer colors are no where to be found, but then I live in a place that is Summer 95% of the time. Summer and I have never been on friendly terms. I wear scarves and boots in spite of Summer. I have plenty of Winter wear. We are comrades.

I start interning in less than two weeks. Business casual. Nothing in my closet screams business casual. I am becoming more social. That means more night time events. Nothing in my closet says socialite. I am getting older. That means more engagements. More weddings. I have relatively no dresses. I have Fridays off. That means more strolling. I like to be comfortable when I stroll. I don't like to put a whole lot of time and effort when I stroll. I need more effortless wear as well.

More color.
More congruency.
More comfort.
More separates.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to! Just liked your Facebook page a few days ago! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow Floridian! Welcome to the blog world. Loving your fashion sensibilities and methinks our hair looks pretty darn similar! Any who, good luck with the internship and do feel free to stop by my blog and become a follower.

    ReplyDelete