Thursday, August 29, 2013

BOOK INSPIRED LOOKS | Divergent::Abnegation

DIVERGENT | Abnegation




I love reading. While I was in school I was denied the pleasure of reading for...well pleasure. During my last semester, I actually had some down time during interning to pick up a few books. A mixture of Michael Crichton books and a YA book called Divergent (balance. after reading about the space time continuum, a teenage dystopian society deflates the egotism swelling in my brain of surviving a Crichton novel). Bravo Veronica Roth. This is one of the books that will be featured in the fashion show this November, and the stylists have their looks, but I wanted to play around with the interpretation for my own personal wardrobe. So for the next couple of weeks or so I'll be doing segments on book inspired looks (hey I just found my title!)

Anyway, that being said, for those who haven't read the books...just wait till the movie. It might explain the factions better. But a crash course on it all is that there are five factions in a futuristic Chicago that embody five characteristics that are believed to keep humanity from civil unrest. Abnegation is the selfless group, the invisibles if you will and the faction of the protagonist in the story. They wear greys, a very muted color that keeps them from focusing on themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment