Friday, March 22, 2013

FASHION FRIDAYS | Then and Now

My my! I can't believe I went almost a whole week with no posts! My apologies, work is kicking my badonka. Plus I have been preoccupied with creating this lookbook for you lovelies, and trying to get inspiration for my 29th birthday [insert appropriate emoji face here].  I know I can't believe it either. But all the buzz about how to celebrate it got me all nostalgic and I started looking at pictures of me from almost 14 years ago (even that sounds weird). I was a TOM-BOY for sure. No mistake indeed (which explains a lot about me not getting all the boys in the yard back then--not much has changed but at least I had an excuse then!) I thought I would show you one of the few pictures I have of myself from high school (I think I only have about 10). I was 15 in this picture, toward the end of 9th grade and I was (still am) a Lady Vols fan. My wardrobe of choice most days consisted of trackies, sports tee, addidas kicks and my collection of bucket hats. Trimmings usually involved hemp bracelets and shell necklaces (I lived anywhere from 5-25 minutes away from any beach so that was normal jewelry wear). I mostly wore it for comfort and for the fact that my 165 lbs of muscle couldn't fit into most girly clothes without looking like I was trying too hard. Anyway, enjoy this morsel of my past and thank the Lord that this phase passed....eventually :)


No comments:

Post a Comment